Friday 21 September 2007

More heads-up fun.

Flicked cards with the Deerhunter a couple more times since my last post (All this since he said he was 'over it'!)

Funnily enough we've thrown a bit of Omaha in the mix, particularly last week. It's always a variant I've enjoyed (as does C-nut) but never really tickled the Deerhunters' fancy. But he really enjoyed the change up. We made it 'dealers choice' as to which game it was. Interesting mix! Hold'em, Omaha, Omaha, Hold'em, Hold'em, Omaha .... Great fun. I play my pocket cards pre a hell of a lot tighter than Deerhunter, but that's probably because he hasn't played a lot of it.

Both times I managed to play some really solid poker. I never really got any cards to work with last week but still seemed to have the Deerhunter's measure. He's always competitive, and knows how to play, but I just seemed to pop him at the right time, and put the pressure on at the right time.

Oh, and here's something I forgot to mention.

We've stopped 'showing'! He said (and rightly so) that he doesn't want his decisions validated. It's very very weird tho, especially when you've been showing for so long. In fact there were still times when I'd accidently flip over my cards!

Wednesday just gone, we did pretty much the same again, minus as many hands of Omaha. The Deerhunter was a veritable card rack! Jesus. The amount of massive cards he had was incredible. Pocket pairs galore. Paint sooooted connectors. The whole 'kit and kaboodle'. Quite scarey.

Incredibly we finished the night absolutely dead even. We play with three yellow chips each which count as rebuys. The Deerhunter started out like a maniac, busting me out twice in the first few hours. It was a combination of him racking up the cards like nobody's business and me being card dead and trying to make shit happen with 'not much'. Mind you, he sucked out on me bigtime on one hand. I think I got in waaaaay in front with trips. Jam. Call. He flips over TPTK. I said, you've got a runner runner flush out. And FUCK ME, it comes. Unrooool.

RUNNER RUNNER NUTZZZZZZZ! We did laugh tho. Despite the fact I felt sick to my guts!

The Deerhunter even commented how well I played with sweet fuck all in the way of cards. In fact I'm still amazed that I was able to draw even by nights end, let alone not get annihilated!

Great fun, and already looking forward to the next time!

P.S. Funny how things work out. Discovered that two loose mates (meaning we know them but not very well) play mates games reasonably regularly, with invites to join in anytime we can. Great to feel like we're building a broader circle. Can't wait to get in on them!

P.P.S. Came fifth (630 ppl) in another Aussie Millions qualifier on FT the other night. Frustrating! All in A 10h versus pocket 7s and didn't improve when the shorty. Bugger bugger bugger!

No comments:

W00t!

Work?! Bah!!!!!

Waste time here!

Orsome!