Tuesday 12 June 2007

Day Dot

Well, BUGGER ME! I'm starting a poker blog. Funny how life works. I hate computers and tend to shun technology and here I am about to bare my poker soul for the 'world' to see.

But that's the thing. I phucken LOVE NL Hold'em. I'm an Aussie, and the craze has been slower catching on here than in the States, but since getting into it around two years ago... I'm practically hooked. It started with some great mates playing cash games and getting raucous in various garages around Bunbury. I must credit these boys, for not only are they top blokes, but they're pretty decent poker players too.

Drew, who shall be herefore known as "The Deerhunter" because of his ridiculously hideous old skool cardigan that he wears to games. He has a penchant for getting totally smashed up, running out of beers and playing as tight as a fishes arsehole. That said, he's happy to gamble occasionally, and will push pots hard when he thinks he's in front. Louder than a jumbo jet landing when he gets on a roll!

Nathan, who shall be herefore known as "C-nut". As time goes by, you will probably pick up on why I've tabbed him that. He's been into the game for ages, and basically got us guys to feed his addiction to free money. He loves his coin. He loves a smoke. He doesn't usually party too hard when playing, but he's loosened up lately. The bugger-bugger is that he's just landed a cushy job in Perth, so he's not around as much as he used to be. Now he's closer to Burswood, so the pricks probably refining his cash game. Not that he needs it. Probably the strongest player in our group. Sorta tight-aggressive, and reknowned for stealing pots. I reiterate. He's a bastard.

Mooshie. A buddy of C-nut's, and a hella nice guy. We can stick with Moosh. I don't even know his real name! Aren't I a rude sod?! He's the unfoldable calling station we all need and love in a regular cash game. Then again, when he gets a monster, NO-ONE sees it coming. Our games just wouldn't be the same tho without him. Great for a laugh and puts a different slant on hands, which makes things interesting.

Then there's yours truly. It's really not for me to describe me or my style. I will say this. I've got a looooooong way to go. A LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNG, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNG way to go. I have good nights where I play good cards well and bad cards better. I have nights where I'm a total donkey and make boneheaded plays all fucking night. But I am determined to improve. I'm dinkum about this. I've just invested in some SERIOUS reading material, and it arrived yesterday! Booyah! Amazon.com .... you rock!

I'll make another post about my 'investment' tomorrow. But I'm as excited as I've ever been about Hold'em, and you'll see why over the journey that is this blog. Weird but wonderful shizzle!

Just sent C-nut a txt, inviting him to a game Saturday night at my joint. The Deerhunter and I are planning some mayhem (which may as well include poker!) and it just hit me that he might be home from the big smoke. As long as his lovely lady (Shaq) is cool with it, there'll be a juicy post next week breaking down the night.

Before I sign off, if anyone has some suggestions regarding poker programs, screen saver - hand capture stuff, I'd love to hear from you. I don't play much online. Too many fuckheads playing shit cards that suck out, but I plan on doing it a bit more. Any help and comments from the broader blogging community would be very much appreciated.

Post 1. Day Dot. And I still can't believe it!

Weeeeooooord!

No comments:

W00t!

Work?! Bah!!!!!

Waste time here!

Orsome!