Wednesday 13 June 2007

JESUS ZAC!!!!

Does everyone know the problems associated with playing someone without a complete grasp on the game of Hold'em? It can be BLOODY FRUSTRATING!!!!

Just playing a few hands of Heads Up after picking up Zac from skool and this happened. I'm in the BB and get dealt 5s5d. Zac raised double the BB to $100, and I re-raised to $200. He called. I put him on A-rag or similar. Maybe KQ - KJ? Flop - shit cards and two diamonds. I bet $100, he called. Next card, rag diamond. I'm on a flush draw, or at worst, I might catch another 5. I bet $200, he agonized, thinking out loud "I don't have a pair, Dad". And I said, "Up 2 u". He called, and along came the last diamond, making my flush. Now I've explained flushes OVER AND OVER AGAIN, but he just seems blinded by paint and straights. Anyhooooo.....

I bet $500 on the river card. (Knowing full well that he could have a much better diamond than me!) Anyway, he eventually calls... and says "Ace high". What suit you reckon it was?!!!!

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRK!!!!!!!!!!!

To all wannabe parents out there. Think VERY, VERY CAREFULLY before you go down that path. A) Childbirth and b) teaching a 7 year old Hold'em.

I look forward to the day that he can read Harrington!

Well ..... maybe not! Heh!

____________________________________________________________

The other quick reason behind me getting 'on' again today was this. This is one of my goals. To compete in (and WIN) one of these fuckers. It's probably like climbing Mt Everest, but I like to aim high ... and allow for the trajectory!

http://bloggerpokerchallenge.blogspot.com/

Basically, you've gotta be a blogger to have a crack. Well guess what! I frickin' well am!

It seems like a really cool community, to the point where quite a few of them headed to Vegas for the WSOP Bracelets (and other R&R pursuits!). A couple of them cashed too. Once again, Hoyazo's site has a great account of how he cashed. Inspirational stuff.

No comments:

W00t!

Work?! Bah!!!!!

Waste time here!

Orsome!