Tuesday 26 June 2007

Friendly heads up with the Deerhunter

Monday night! Ha. Suzie's birthday and we went out to L'Amour de la Femme (highly recommended) with The Deerhunter and his luv-er-ly missus Carls. Great food and good company. Went home for a few (more) quieties, and the gals settled down in front of Desperate Housewives or something like that. Shockin' shit! So Deerhunter and I snuck out to 'The Rumpus' for a few hands and, truth be known, cones!

It was a friendly game, just for a laugh. He was telling me all about 'The Professor, The Banker and The Suicide King' book that I leant him over dinner. Raved about it. Can't wait to read it myself, but I'm still ploughing thru Harrington 1!

First hand I get dealt Big Slick offsuit. I raised it up $25, and he called. Flop comes A-A-rag! I bet out $25 again (just wanting to build the pot while keeping him in the hand). Turn card comes K! Nut book baby! Another $25, call. River rag. I bet $50. He calls. Fuck did we laugh.

Played for probably an hour. Ebbs and flows. Pushed me off a few pots with not much, so I changed up my style a smidge. (We always show hands, so we learn about each others thought processes.) Got dealt a heap of PP's but the flop never helped me. Didn't have trips once. One hand I limped with shite, and flopped a 3 on a J-10-3 flop. I bet 300, he raised to 600 and I reraised to 900. "What have you got?" he remarked, and he folded. He showed me A-8 off. Fuggen funny.

Last hand of the night (after the luv-er-ly Carls popped her head in to 'The Rumpus' and said she was going!) he pushed all in. I called (thinking he had ATC and was just doing it for a larf).

I tabled J-2 off.

He flipped over Bullets! Ha! What a wanker!

Monday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - We're off to Flinders Bay, Augusta this Friday for 3 nights of mayhem and poker!

Can't wait!

No comments:

W00t!

Work?! Bah!!!!!

Waste time here!

Orsome!