Monday 15 October 2007

Bracelet number .... dunno!

Managed to organize a Mates cash shuffle with little to no effort on Friday night. Zac (my boy) was (finally) spending some time in Perth with his (friggin') mum so I was off the leash.

I was keen to at least blow off some steam with the Deerhunter, so rocked around there with a carton of Hollandia and got into it earlyish. 3.30pm. Picture perfect South Western Australian afternoon. Puuuuuuurfect for a brew or ten on the front deck!

After a couple, we decided to go down to one of the local shopping centres and pick up some new cards. Sweet! Bicycle cards DO rock very hard. A$20 for two packs. How's that for poker nerdness?!

So after we get home and start flicking some, I say to the Deerhunter, "Shit, It'd be great if we could organize an impromptu shuffle. Send C-nut a txt. He might be heading down from Perth". Less than 5 mins after hitting send, he was on the blower (phone) and said he was in, as was a noob (to our games) who shall be herefore be known as Leebie. He's played before, but is maybe - not quite as advanced as us three. But it was great to get some fresh blood into the mix.

The good, no GREAT news is, well .... I pulled it off! The bad news is that I have practically NOTHING to tell you about how or what I played. It was quite strange.

My BEST POCKET PAIR WAS FISH HOOKS.
After that I reckon I had NINES ONCE.
I had AK ONCE.
I had KQ ONCE.
I hit ONE SET ALL NIGHT.

Seriously. I had sweet fuck all to get excited about all night. I had average cards, at best. But ....

I managed pot sizes really well.
I played shit hands from the blinds that I hit, well.
I stole heaps and heaps.
I laid down problem hands early.
I played the big stack really well late.
I never once spewed chips.
I made some big, big laydowns when I might have been behind.
I got my money in at the right times when shoved on, at the pointy end.

C-nut was first out and rebought. Leebie was next out and rebought. C-nut busted again next and sat out from there. Deerhunter was next out. Then I busted Leebie with AJ on a J - 9 - x board. I bet out on my TPTK, he jammed as the shorty with A9. I called. He didn't improve. Game over. W00t!!!!!

Apart from that, there's really nothing much else to say! Except I'm stoked! $70 in front after you took out my buy in! I think C-nut is getting a bit pissed off tho. (In a good way!) He hasn't 'won a bracelet' in ages. Deerhunter and I reckon it's probably been 12 months or more! Considering how strong he was when we first started shuffling up, that's a serious drought. It's also validation as to how much Deerhunter and I have stepped up our games over the journey.

Roll on the next time!

Sorry this is really quite a boring recap. There just wasn't any monsters to go over!

No comments:

W00t!

Work?! Bah!!!!!

Waste time here!

Orsome!