Tuesday 16 October 2007

I blog my ineptitude.

Monday night fun 'n' games with the Deerhunter.

Basically I smashed him all night. TAG mania central. Only to have this hand come up at the end.

(N.B. Bear in mind I was playing great, and The Deerhunter had changed his game up considerably to try and put me off my game. Hence this ugly, UGLY hand...... the final one for the night.)

Deerhunter - Ac5d
Me - Ad6c

I raise $150 to $200 pre.
Call.

(Fair enough from both sides.)

Flop - 6h - 5h - 5s

Deerhunter bets $500 into $400 pot.
Call.

(My read was that this was a c-bet. Maybe AK or AQ unimproved. Weaker 6? I had a piece and I thought it made sense to call here. DONK ALERT!!!! Even IF I DID NOT put him on a 5 why would I not pop him in this spot? I have no fucking idea!)

Turn - 7d

Deerhunter bets $2500 into $1400.
Call.

(I still believed my read was right. I hadn't 'missed' a read all night. Why would I change now? I chose to call. Not a standard play from me. I normally raise somewhere in a hand like this, but to control an already SUPERMASSIVE pot, I just called.)

River - 6d

Deerhunter insta-jams. Insta-mistake.
I call. "Book"

Silence ......

"Worse book. Fark! You had two outs. TWO POSSIBLE OUTS and YOU HIT!"

Silence. Deafening silence. The sound of a shattered man.

"My bad dude. I didn't put you on that. Horrible suckout. Soz bud."

"Two outs and you hit. Why did you call my turn bet?!"

"My bad buddy. You had me all the way."

"Two outs. TWO ...."

"Soz man. Really. But that's poker. You've done it to me!"

"Shiiiiiiiit. I'm going home."

Horrible, horrible play be me. Despicable. A soul crushing suckout AND FOR THAT I HUMBLY APOLOGISE TO THE DEERHUNTER AND THE POKER GODS.

But like the Terminator, he will be back. Oh yes. He WILL be back.

The only thing I hated about this hand from The Deerhunter's point of view was his insta-jam when the board paired at the end. (And I did say so.) Unless he thought I was drawing to the straight ....which I would never have called that turn bet to keep going on this board... I had to have at least a solid piece, and that 6 on the river could've - should've set the alarm bells off. Oh well. Now I'm just being a c#nt.

Then again, I should've raised post flop and found out I was behind earlier in the hand. My bad buddy! Really!!!!

1 comment:

yabi said...

Nice catch. It happens, that's what makes poker interesting!

W00t!

Work?! Bah!!!!!

Waste time here!

Orsome!