Tuesday 14 August 2007

Advice please guys and gals.

Now that I've had my grizzle about the serious lack of funds in my life (see below) I just want to get an idea of the way you went about starting in the online game. I mean, I read some great posts recently by Chad and 'I forget who' about bankroll management. But it really doesn't cover the hows of actually starting one up. U with me?!

What sort of $$$ did you start with?

How much $$$ on how many sites? I spose I should try and make the most in terms of signup bonuses, right?

Which sites do you prefer? I'm a Full Tilt guy generally. Recently downloaded Party and Titan. They're ok.

What level did you start at?

There. At least I'm getting practical now. Thanks in advance. Pleeeease don't be bashfull.

3 comments:

Schaubs said...

I threw $50 back in October on to Full Tilt when I started blogging, just to get into the various blogger games. I ran that up to about $700 and then slowly started donking it back, with the majority of it leaving my BR in the last two weeks. So I am done for a while with a couple hundred sitting there.

I started out with SnG's at Party and Stars, but didn't really know what I was doing back then. I'm thinking of starting up again.

The key is to not jump up, I think Chad's advice of 100 BB is conservative, you'll get bored before you go broke... all the while you'll get better with time.

GaryC said...

My most simple advice for a newcomer would be this:

It doesn't matter how much you start with, do not play outside your roll.

I would highly reccomend starting with the low level sng's on only one site. Take notes on players. Tag them. Play and learn. That's how I started three years ago and what I have recently migrated back to.

Good luck.

G

Pseudo_Doctor said...

its about experience over how much you start with. Without experience you will never be good enough with money. It will take lots of reading books, lots of frustration and anger to get to a level where you can consistently beat the game. You just got to pay your dues in the beginning and play small stakes and try to grind it up.

W00t!

Work?! Bah!!!!!

Waste time here!

Orsome!