Tuesday 28 August 2007

Rapt!

Here's something I found on Rizen's poker blog today. I'm sure he won't mind me posting this with due credit to him. This is exactly what i was taking about in my post re Saturday night's game with the fellas. At least my gut feeling was right!

One thing I did a lot of to improve my short stack game is figure out what kinds of hands do well when called (even though they may be behind). Many people are surprised to figure out that you'd rather have JTs than A9o against most people's calling range to a standard push from most positions. By knowing what types of hands do the best when called and you're pushing as a steal short stacked you can buy yourself an extra 5-6% of equity, which may not seem like much, but over the long term it adds up to a lot of $$$. Remember when you're pushing as a short stack your cards never matter until you're called, so even though A9 may look like a better hand, I'd rather have JTs in the event that I do get called.

No comments:

W00t!

Work?! Bah!!!!!

Waste time here!

Orsome!