Tuesday 14 August 2007

Been quiet. Too quiet .....

And it has been. Poker has been largely absent in my life of late. And it sux ballz!

The Deerhunter and I have flicked cards, what, twice in the last two weeks? No cash, just for pride. I've been playing well when we have played. Getting cards at a reasonable rate. Playing them ok. He's been about the same. His game has improved heaps over the years. Unfortunately he's been having a sh1t time on the homefront, which has made life hard. Hopefully he'll get thru it. I'm sure he will. We'll probably catch up this week sometime for a shuffle. I know that C-nut is also keen as mustard to do it soon too. He wants our money tho! The problem for him is ... we've improved heaps since we started playing as a troika, and have learned to change up our game to stifle his game! W00t!

I haven't been playing on Full Tilt much at all. I'm just sooo over the pushmonkey tilt bastards on there. Sooooo many clueless fucks. And playing tight and picking your spots is just soooo boring on occasions. I mean, it's one thing when you're knuckling down for the long haul to try and qualify for a tournament in a freebie satellite. But it's another thing entirely when you just want to play a few hands.

Shove. Fold. Shove. Fold. Shove. Fold. Fucking morons.

This sort of brings me to the point of this lil post. Grab some tissues.

I'm fucking poor at the moment. As a house mouse poor. I mean, I'm gratefull for all that's good in my life. There's a roof over my head. Great girlfriend and lil fella, Zac. We eat well. I live in a fucking fantastic country. I'm almost a month off the ciggies.

And I'm playing some online chess against Schaubs. Talk about blowing off some cobwebs! It's been a while, and I never played it that much to begin with. He's already 'pinched' my Queen in one game. How was I supposed to know/remember that pawns can take pieces on their openning move?!!! Lol! If you want a game, register and look for me on there. Dillo. Simple!

(Aside. It's weird this blogging thing. You really can develop an affinity with some of the guys. Schaubs seems like the sorta guy I'd hang with if he was down the road. Poker, golf, beers. Know what I mean?)

Back to the now ..... whinge, bitch ....

But I have a mountain of bills that are sloooooowly getting paid. Ever so slowly. See, being a mobile DJ is very, very seasonal... and right now in Oz, it's winter. That means very few weddings, which are my cream. So the bills tend to pile up at this time of year. It's our first winter in our new house, and we're learing the nuances of our place. i.e. a $400+ gas bill when Suzie uses the heater more than she should! FARK!!!

But I wanna get a bankroll going, coz I know deep down that I can do ok at the tables. That and the fact that I might be able to get away from a few, just a few, of the pushmonkeys. But I'm just not in a position to. Fucking frustrating.

C'est la vie? Perhaps. But it doesn't mean I have to like it!

Grizzle over.

Footnote - This post goes against my typical Sagittarian nature. I'm not a manic depressive. Honest!

No comments:

W00t!

Work?! Bah!!!!!

Waste time here!

Orsome!